The Arpitettaz hut (2,786 m) is located at the foot of the Weisshorn, on the west side, in front of the Blanc de Moming and its impressive glacier. It is easily accessible from Zinal.
Opening periods and rules to follow
- The hut is currently not guarded. In 2022, the hut will be continuously guarded from March 19 until May 2 and from June 19 until September 23.
- When the hut is not guarded, only 10 people can spend the night in the hut.
- Even if the hut is not guarded, you must reserve to spend the night (see the bottom of the page to contact us) – without reservation, you cannot spend the night in the hut.
- Visitors over the age of 16 must have a valid Covid certificate proving that they have either been a) fully vaccinated against or b) have recovered from Covid-19 (i.e. so-called “2G rule”) to eat or drink or stay overnight inside the hut. Masks must be worn inside the hut. Guests must be seated to eat and drink. These rules are also valid when the hut is not guarded.
- Only come if you are in good health!
- A sleeping bag is mandatory. Be careful, when the hut is not guarded, the dormitory is not equipped with duvets and pillows. A warm sleeping bag is recommended
- Please take your rubbish back with you!
We are counting on your understanding and sense of responsibility!
Swiss coordinates (MN95): 2’618’609 / 1’105’517
Swiss coordinates (MN03): 618’609 / 105’517
Lat/Long (WGS84): 46° 06’ 03.26’’ N 7° 40’ 45.44’’ E