The Arpitettaz hut (2,786 m) is located at the foot of the Weisshorn, on the west side, in front of the Blanc de Moming and its impressive glacier. It is easily accessible from Zinal.
Opening periods and rules of use of the hut
- In 2021, the hut will be guarded from March 13 until Mai 1 and from June 20 until September 23 and occasionally between these periods.
- To spend the night in the hut, you must reserve even if not guarded (see the bottom of the page to contact us) – without reservation, you cannot spend the night in the hut.
- During the guarded periods, only 15 people can spend the night in the hut (10 people when the hut is not guarded).
- To spend the night, you must bring a sleeping bag, a pillow case, hand disinfectant and a protection mask. Be careful, when the hut is not guarded, dormitories are not equipped with duvets and pillows. A warm sleeping bag is recommended.
- Only come if you are in good health!
- The mask is mandatory for all movements inside the hut and in the immediate vicinity of the hut.
- All guests must disinfect frequently their hands.
- The different groups of guests must remain separate and a minimum distance between the groups have to be respected.
- In the refectory, nor more than 15 people in total and maximum 4 people at the same table.
- Take your rubbish back with you!
We are counting on your understanding and sense of responsibility!
Swiss coordinates (MN95): 2’618’609 / 1’105’517
Swiss coordinates (MN03): 618’609 / 105’517
Lat/Long (WGS84): 46° 06’ 03.26’’ N 7° 40’ 45.44’’ E