From Zinal, there are several options to reach the Arpitettaz hut:
- Normal route : Zinal – Le Vichiesso – bridge over the Navisence River below the Little Mountet hut (N-E) – Le Chiesso – Lake Arpitettaz – Arpitettaz hut (about 4h; T2).
- First variant: from Zinal, start with the route up to the Tracuit hut, at the altitude of 2,477 m turn right to the Roc de la Vache, then down to the Arpitettaz Lake and back on the normal route (about 4h; T2).
- Second variant: from Zinal, start with the route up to the Tracuit hut, at the altitude of 2,477 m follow the bottom of the valley (unmarked route) or continue up to 2,940 m to join the path that links the Tracuit hut to the Arpitettaz hut, by the Col de Milon pass* (about 5h; T4).
- Third variant: use the Pas du Chasseur to reach the lake of Arpitettaz; this passage is equipped with chains and is not recommended for children without the use of a rope, for dogs or people without climbing experience (about 4h; T4).
* The passage to/from Tracuit via the Col de Milon pass (2,990 m) is not very difficult, but the presence of snow or ice at the beginning or end of the season can make the passage tricky; this passage is equipped with some chains (T4).
To reach the Grand Mountet hut, go down almost as far as the bridge over the Navisence River and take the footpath on your right towards the south. It is also possible to reach the Grand Mountet hut via the Blanc de Moming. This is a mountaineering route involving the usual equipment for glacier passage.